Skip to content

oil on canvas

16in. x 20in.

( SOLD )

photo by Catherine Purdie

16 Comments Post a comment
  1. 01/2/2014

Hello Joelle. I didn’t know that you blogged your paintings. Great stuff. By the way, I really love the “Pride” painting and it is still sitting proudly on the “Original Art” wall of my condo. Next time you are planning to come to Ottawa let me know and hopefully you can pop by for tea, coffee, whatever you drink. Take care & have a happy New Year. And stay tuned for another email from me. I’m seriously thinking of buying another one of your paintings. All the best … Catherine

• 01/2/2014

Hi Jay-Dee, so wonderful to hear from you, was enjoying your NY photo just this morning. When I get to Ottawa, and that might be in the cards for 2014 ( think Venus Envy showing possibility ), I’ll certainly make time for us to do coffee. 🙂

You are one very encouraging collector of my art and of course, lets talk.

warm hugs,

Joelle

2. 02/22/2013
    Ness way

I sad I missed out on this one… It’s lovely

• 02/22/2013

Hi Ness, 🙂

Thank you. On the first day of a month long exhibition, this painting was sold, it was one of two pieces I sold that day. MInd you, if ever you want something of this nature, I can be cajoled into creating a new one just for you. 😉

3. 02/24/2012
    em

Love it Joelle.
    Given your more traditional style of painting, it reminds me of 17th-18th century paintings that use the waving flag a symbol of victory… so its a fun, celebratory, current, and non-violent respresentation of victories that have and are being made in the 21st century! Beautiful way to mix symbolism, art, and activism.

• 02/24/2012

Hi Emily, 🙂

Thank you for your uplifting comments, yes this one is more in the spirit of the Impressionist painters. Just goes to show, with technical knowledge, any style can be emulated, lol.
      I was so glad to finally create a painting that spoke to something close to me as a Lesbian woman and having been to many Pride events of the years, I knew I just had to give it a shot.

4. 02/22/2012
    Pink Phoenix

Absolutely Gorgeous!🙂

• 02/22/2012

Thanks sweetie, it will be at Venus Envy Ottawa in a couple of weeks.

5. 02/8/2012

Great picture. The girl looks sexy, the colors are nice and the motion looks alive.. Is that you?
    I like it.

• 02/8/2012

Hello Peters,

No, I’m the artist, thank you on commenting about the colors and motion, it’s what I was going for. 🙂

6. 02/2/2012

Thank you for the like themagnificentsomething 🙂

7. 02/1/2012

Hello and thank you Harish, glad you like this painting. 🙂

8. 01/31/2012